Saturday, August 13, 2011

Vacation Report

Pretty sure I didn't blow my sodium budget, although I probably came close a few days. The sodium restriction did make things much more difficult. It was much harder to find a place to eat that had something which could work for me. We had much less spontaneity than we are used to. My breakfasts were a bit monotonous - had fresh fruit and granola with yogurt every day. We always eat bananas and trail mix for lunch, which was not a problem since we chose the trail mix carefully (thank you Trader Joe's). But dinners were sometimes a challenge, especially in remote places (and also on the airplane). If all else fails, portion control is a viable option.

Other than the food restriction, we had a great vacation (if a bit overscheduled). Once we got to Seattle, we drove more than 1300 miles and hiked over 36 miles of trail. Not a lot of downtime. Very pretty scenery though, and we have this weekend at home to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment